Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Doctor Who is Awesomeness.

I like Doctor Who. Anyone that knows me well is aware of that extreme tidbit related to my life. 

I have a pet fish named Rory and a build-a-bear that looks like a tragically failed version of the Doctor. Also, I've put my young brother in the less than good predicament of enjoying a show a bit too old for his age group.

But the truth is....Doctor Who is awesomeness. 

There are many reasons for this awesomeness recipe.

1) Sky's the limit. Really though, no other show on the planet has the freedom to go about willy-nilly creating episodes related to any genre. Do you want monsters? Okay, done.  Do you want ancient history? You got it. How bout pirates? Yep. Spaceships? Always. Werewolves? Check. Witchcraft? U-huh. Vincent Van Gogh? President Nixon? Complicated plots? Love? Marriage? How bout all of the above? Doctor Who is an infinite playground of possibilities. And I'm not kidding.

2) Doctor Who is cool. Or at least he thinks he is. Which makes his witty humor all the more desirable and funny. He makes smart comments that are mildly amusing. And he makes silly comments that are mildly witty. He knows that bow ties are cool. And fedoras. And other accessories. Plus, he likes fish fingers and custard. Which is entertaining and cool enough for me.

3) Rory. I think that one word is enough to describe the awesomeness that is the British broadcasting TV  show. Rory knows what's up and such. He saves the day. And waits 1,000 years. And loves Amy. And he's a great character. And actor. And my fish is named after him.

Well, there are a plethora of reasons to enjoy Doctor Who, but  basically Doctor Who is awesomeness.
.




2 comments:

  1. Perfect. Amen. Hits it right on it's british bow-tie clad noggin. [like how I'm beggining this comment thing like you asked?]

    ReplyDelete