Sunday, January 27, 2013

Waiting for a mission Call. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

It is easy to desire something that isn't part of God's plan for us. It is even easier to desire something that is part of God's plan for us IMMEDIATELY.

I have fasted that my call would be here, yet it has not come. Is it challenging? I would say yes, but the truth is it stopped being such a big deal to me about a few weeks ago. They say patience is a virtue, and through this is experience I have learned that I don't have the patience that God needs me to have. He has his own time table. There is a right  time, place, and process for most things in life. The expected arrival for my mission call was supposed to be the 19th of December, but that wasn't the time that God expected it to arrive. I put my trust in him and hope that I will get a call eventually.

.....And so I wait.

It's not much different than what  I will be facing when I do go on a mission. People won't be leaping to get baptized in a day or two or even a week or two. Most likely. And so I will wait. And I will pray that the day will come that a decision will arrive. And I will lack patience and be frustrated and wish that the people I am teaching would discover the truth already. If I am even teaching anyone that is.

My call will come someday, and in the meantime, I trust that there is a reason for me to be patient. God knows all things, and I know very little.

What I do know is that he has a plan for me. He loves me. He wants what's best for me. He holds the truth. And the truth can be discovered through this gospel.



2 comments:

  1. Amy, you are amazing. I've gotta start following you on this blog. You always say what I need to hear when I need to hear it.
    Love you!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! I only have a few followers so it'd make my day.

    ReplyDelete