Monday, February 13, 2012

Interviewing Kids: A Child's Take on Life

I spent 20 minutes interviewing my little five-year-old brother and eight-year-old sister for a Book of Mormon project. I felt like their answers were too GREAT to not share.


Enjoy!:)


Q: What makes the gospel special?
A1: It makes me feel happy that I can get baptized.
A2: If you don't read(the scriptures), a big rock will be on your back. But if you do read, it won't be there. It will just be a little rock.




Q: Who is your favorite Book of Mormon Character?
A1: I like...I don't remember his name. I like Genesis.
A2: I like pigs.


Q: What is your favorite animal?
A1: Elephant.
A2: I only seen one of this. I found it in the wild on a movie. It's a pony, mixed with a turtle, rhino, elephant, and polar bear.


Q:Why does your family make you happy?
A1: Because they love me.
A2: Because they're my family. No.No....Don't put that down! Because they take care of me. 


Q: Why do you think people get married?
A1:Cause they want to get their family sealed together.
A2:They love each other.


Q:What is your idea of a best date?
A1: A double date at Kraver's for your first date.
A2: On a Monday, you'd get a free card to all this stuff--Jumba Juice, free plane to Africa, getting a hundred dollars, and you lose a tooth and find it, and you see a person with 5,000 eyeballs.


Q:What is your favorite song?
A1: You Always Make Me Smile
A2: I Want to Go To Heaven
--Q:Umm.. How does that song go?
A2: I want to go to heaven....Well, I don't really remember how it goes. 


Q: What do you like about Primary?
A1:We get to do fun stuff. I get to color, do activities. My mom brought the I-phone, and we got a turn to play on it.
A2: I like it because it's fun because we get to sing songs, and we get to play games.


How do you think you'll fall in love?
A1:I'll go on dates and I'll think the guy's hot. Then, I'll marry him if he's not chicken.
A2:When I'm ten, I'll see a girl...when I'm walking home from school or maybe driving. I'll call her and ask if she would like to have a play date with me. Then, I'll fall in love with her. Then, I'll kiss her on the lips. 



Q: How does Jesus make life better?
A1: He answers your prayers.
A2: He makes our life better because of how he does it. He made everything.
A1: Almost everything.
A2: EVERYTHING....Except when you kick me like you're doing, or lie, or something. He doesn't make that.




2 comments: