Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Red Light. Green Light. Red Light.

IF you've ever been a small child, and I'm quite certain you probably have been, there is a good probability that you, at some point in your life,  were able to play the game of red light/green light.

I, for one, have played this game on many occasions.

When I played, I understood the rudimentary rules. If someone yelled,"Green light," I knew it meant I had the right to run as quickly as I could. I also knew that when someone yelled "Red light!", I I had to freeze in place for the time being.

I wasn't aware however that in real life these rules applied to other things.

(I would like to point out that driving is NOT one of the things that these rules apply to. Though I do believe stopping at the red light is good, you probably don't have to completely freeze, and also I believe that driving off as quickly as possible is not the smartest idea.)

In life, things seem to stop us from getting to our destination when we want to.

"Things" can include problems that are self-induced. If we stand waiting for someone to yell "Green light!", we might miss out on the opportunity standing in front of us.

Other times, the red light may be what we want to reach if we just could. BUT, something or someone is standing back telling us, "It's not time yet. You just have to wait a while. Stop for a second. I can't let you go any further."

Yeepp.

Because sometimes worthwhile things take time. And don't come when we want it. Actually, that can happen a lot more than sometimes.

We can't get a college education over a day. We can't fall in love in a minute. We can't find true happiness in a second. We can't achieve a forever family in less than forever . (My forever family....cute, right?)

And lots, and lots, and lots of trials will slow us down, preventing us from achieving what WE want when WE want it.

Luckily,  after red lights come green lights. We may be told, "Stop! Wait awhile. The time isn't right yet," but God knows when the time really will be right.

And when that time comes, He won't just ask us to run. He'll help us to fly.

:)






No comments:

Post a Comment