Friday, August 3, 2012

Looking Towards the Future, in Life, in Journalism.

This will be my last blog for my principles of journalism class, and there are things that I think I've learned along the way.

Who knew that journalists were supposed to be such honorable people?

I don't know what will happen for sure for journalists in America, but there is a comparison that is often used for directions in life.

A train does not suddenly switch to a whole new direction as it goes along the tracks. It is in increments--as said by a prophet of the LDS church, 2 inches were all it took for a train to end up in a totally different state.

That's the way it goes in life. A small decision, taking a class in a certain major, who to go on a date with, whether to read your scriptures that night, those things create the person you become.

The world is made up of people's decisions. While I have grim expectations for this country in the future, I feel journalism is being taken down a more corrupted track inch by inch, I do know that there will be people who will stand up for things that are worthwhile.

The journalists that come from Brigham Young University, perhaps they will have the integrity to fight for freedom of the press.

When things come down to it, good will stand together.

1 comment: