Friday, September 16, 2011

Time.

Time is a funny thing.

Sometimes, it seems like events are unreal and untouchable--far into the future. 

I felt that way about college. 

Yet, here I am-- going to the school I've wanted to attend since the age of five. And here I am--growing into a young adult and making choices that will affect the rest of my life. And eternity.

It's funny how that works out.

I always get so caught up in what is going to happen to me SOMEDAY. I think about one week, three months, two years, twenty years from now. Sometimes, I forget about the important things that are happening now.  I forget to live in the present.

WHAT HAPPENED?

I was just barely a little seven-year-old girl running around barefoot(okay, so I still run around barefoot), catching frogs and pretending to be a wicked witch. I was just barely a less little twelve-year-old  girl running around moodily, not knowing who I  was and pretending to be someone I wasn't. I was just barely a still little fifteen-year-old girl running in track, counting down the months and days till i could date, pretending I was mature enough to handle it. 

Time is a funny thing.

It doesn't always work out the way it does in books and movies. Many things happen that aren't that important to the story-line. Then again, maybe they are.

Only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment