Thursday, December 13, 2012

Missionaries: It's Not About the WHERE; it's about the WHO.

People often ask me questions like,

"Where are you going for your mission?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Where do you think you are going?"

"What if you get sent to Boise, Idaho?"

That's not what it's about for me. It's not about seeing some great tourist attractions. It's not about dealing with fair weather. It's not about the place.

....It's about the WHO.

Somewhere in this amazing world is someone that needs me; my personal strengths, weaknesses, outlook on things--I have something to offer specifically to that individual. 

I will deal with it whether that person is in Boise, Idaho or Paris, France. I want to go WHERE the WHO(s) are for me. The people that I can most bless.

Cause, really. Going on a mission isn't about the WHERE. It's about the WHO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment